The craft and skill of locksmith Barnsley service
All members of our team are passionate and dedicated to their profession, and invest much time and energy in the common interest here. This means that locksmith Barnsley train and study the craft as well as practice what we learn, which subsequently mean that you get the best standard of care and the highest quality and most secure locks.
Your locksmith Barnsley also have a broad range of experience and expertise when it comes to the locks of cars as well as doors. So please feel free to get in touch should you have any questions at all on the subject.
Avoiding hidden pathways in your garden!
As keen gardeners ourselves we understand that keeping the outside of your home as you like it, making it your own space and designing it to your own specifications is something highly important and highly valuable to have. The only thing the locksmith Barnsley team would like to remind to when it comes to planning or maintaining your garden, is to avoid making hidden pathways on which potential intruders could make their way up to the house hidden and outside of view.
In battling this your favourite locksmith Barnsley suggests making sure that you trim your hedges and brushes as to provide clear view, as well as install outdoor lights where there may be dark spots that are hard to cover.
Top 10 Home Security Advice Tips
Bad habits can make it easy for an opportunistic thief to all-of-a-sudden be at liberty in your home. Here is our list of top tips for maximizing home security.
1. Set your alarm every time you leave your home and regularly change its code
2. Don’t leave keys under the doormat, under a flower pot or under anything that seems a little too obvious. Burglars are very aware of all the best hiding places and could easily be the one tiny mistake that allows someone to be fully exposed to your possessions and premises.
3. Installing light timers or security timer switches can create the appearance of someone being home even when no one is there, which is an effective deterrent for any calculating and conniving criminal walking by. Consider installing a few around the house in rooms that can be seen at street level.
4. Review the exterior of your property. Check for any broken windows and make sure easy access points, such as garages, conservatories and sheds, are clearly secured as well as locking away tools and securing all bikes together. Covering garage and shed equipment with old sheets and blankets can be an easy deterrent if someone were to peek in.
5. Ask your local licensed locksmith to review your door and window security to make sure all your window and door locks are up-to-date, fitted properly, in good condition and meet insurance requirements
6. Protect your French doors and UPVC doors by installing top and bottom bolts on French doors and adding sash jammers to UPVC doors
7. Crime statistics are showing an increase in the number of home break-ins with the sole purpose of stealing car keys. so avoid making it easy for them and store them out of view.
8. Installing a home safe can be an easy solution to protect your most valuable and personal possessions. Ask your local licensed locksmith any time!
9. A well-lit home with front and back door sensor lighting can make an effective and obvious deterrent for anyone looking to sneak in and out unnoticed.
10. Consider your keys and the last time they were replaced, whether previous owners or tenants may still have access to your home and whether anyone may have made copies of your keys without your knowledge. If you are concerned ask a professional locksmith to change your locks and fit a patented system, whereby keys can only be copied with proof of ownership